PDA

View Full Version : Why oh why

Ugly1-WYD-
07-26-2013, 08:54 AM
Ok people I need to understand something and I hope some one out there can explain it to me. A few months ago we had all kinds of servers we had 4 or 5 COD servers 3 or 4 BF2 servers 2 killing floor and a few odds and ends.
Now all the sudden we have 2 cod servers 2 bf2 1 mind craft and 7 count them 7 TF2 servers.

Now I don't know about the rest of you but I think 7 servers is a little much for any game unless these games have members who are donating to keep the servers up (and by donations I mean with cold hard cash not time spent installing things on the servers) I understand the people who put time in on these servers should be able to have their say on what games should be installed and I understand the need for new games to help with bringing in new members.

But if you go back and look it was almost always the COD 4 killing floor and some BF2 members that always donated has there been any donations from TF2 players since the taking on of this game?

You can see where Im going with this. Besides if you look there are a few of those servers that are never played in why not take them out a get a few killing floor back.

I talked to Mark the other night he said we had one but he didn't have access to the box and the admin tools. Now why does he not have access to this box and no tools to fix any problems with it. He has always taken care of the Killing Floor servers and has always done a get job why does he not have what he needs?

Anyway enough of my bitching just thought Id throw that stuff out for disscusion

SOB-WYD
07-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Its not the amount of servers but the resources they use, TF2 has a small foot print on a server box, We have 2 BF2 on old ver. 1, which is more than enough for the amount of players left playing the game. COD4 had a set back because the provider we was renting the server box folded and we lost the ip so it needs to be built back.
Killlingfloor is there, I thought I gave him the info if not I will.

We need new games to keep fresh people interested and engaged in WYD or we will die.
I can remember BF2 when we it came to WYD all the BHD guys cried and whined.
Hell we still have BHD server up. That game is 10 years old now.

Prophet-WYD-
07-26-2013, 10:23 AM
There are lots of games with large communities that WYD can get involved into, M.O.B.A games are a huge opportunity, same with the MMORPG genre which has millions of potential members, but that is just my opinion :P

Michael
07-26-2013, 10:57 AM
I will look into why the Admin Panel for KF isn't working. It's probley a port that is already in use.

As for TF2, there are advertisements from Pinion which all proceeds go to Ken's PayPal. I've built up those servers in a matter of months. They begin to fill themselves up around 10AM EDT.

-Michael

SH4RPSHOOTER21-WYD-
07-28-2013, 07:40 PM
2 or 3 servers but 11 wtf?

You could fill 3 servers but not 11, just 3 or 4 players scattered about in each server and 20 or so in one server lol.

SH4RP!!!

Mykie-WYD
07-28-2013, 07:53 PM
I second that Sharp. 1 minute its 4 then 6. ok at this point i was a little annoyed but 11 & now a Garry's MoD Server without so much as a "Is a Garrys Mod server a good idea" Man not to be rude but its beyond a joke that! CoD 4 Has just got their second server back up. Man i aint gunna even rant on about this but i'll be taking notes of this stuff....