PDA

View Full Version : New Position

Historicbacon
11-15-2014, 06:15 PM
I wish there was some kind of moderator position that you would only have kick powers just to get rid of them without having to call a admin. I'm too young to be trusted with Administrator because I'm the youngest member on WYD (of my knowledge) Just putting this out there to maybe see if the staff would look this new position over. It takes too long to call a admin when there is rule breaking, and its not something i can just take a screen shot of and post it on the forums, it's little things that piss people off. Also there has been a huge activity of spawn-camping lately. This was what inspired me to apply for staff, not that I'm a power hungry little shit, I'm trying to get more all-the-time active staff member with power on the TF2 servers. Just this morning i had joined TX23 (I'm Canadian so i was pretty laggy) but there was a ton of Tier 3 sentry's aiming at the blue spawn there was no way to fix this either, even though there is a class in TF2 to destroy sentry's they would shoot you if you stepped out finally everybody left the game and they stopped i didn't get the names of who they were but, just trying to get my point across. - Historicbacon-WYD

SOB-WYD
11-15-2014, 08:56 PM
We can look into it and see what can be done.

Lightning-WYD
11-16-2014, 12:39 AM
The issue is that with as many servers as we have, there is no easy way to maintain all of them. We just need a way to get admins alerted without alerting the rest of the server.

evevee-WYD
11-16-2014, 03:09 PM
I know I regularly get alerts in chat about how I have vip powers, yet to my knowledge VIP functions are still broken. Perhaps a few commands for members and/or moderators can be set up. Muting, kicking, and a few others would be good, as I agree with this. Thank you for alert Bacon. :)

Hix-WYD
11-16-2014, 04:01 PM
we can add moderators, i already installed mod group in sourcebans with some few perks kick ban etc..

SOB-WYD
11-16-2014, 06:31 PM
We need to get the call admin.smx to work

Historicbacon
11-22-2014, 07:11 PM
any updates on this

Stabidy-WYD-
11-23-2014, 08:20 AM
if i get some time ill see if i can't get up with ken and help find out why its not working properaly. some times the game updates break things might be the issue

SOB-WYD
11-23-2014, 09:25 AM
Right now now we are working on getting Vip working which uses various flags in the config files. It will be after the first of the year before we do anything with additional sub admins.

Historicbacon
01-10-2015, 12:41 AM
Any updates on this?